Sunday 11 January 2015

I Can Haz Brownies? - Weight Loss Journey Week 51 - Day 1-4

Week 51
Day 1 - Wednesday
7/01/2015

I Can Haz Brownies?
paleo hashbrown
Hashbrowns on Paleo = Winning :)
Breakfast: Sweet Potato Hash browns, Eggs and Avocado

I decided to try out some sweet potato hash browns this morning and they actually worked! They were pretty yummy too!  I peeled and then grated a medium sweet potato, added some salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.  I then rolled them into balls (hee hee) and flattened them in a heated fry-pan.  The fry-pan was on a medium heat with some olive oil, and I flipped them after 2 minutes.  They are lovely and sweet. 

paleo coffee
Coffee with Almond Milk
I try not to have more than one coffee a day and when I do, I have it with almond milk and no sweetener.  I'm not sure if I want to be having it everyday though.  I haven't noticed a link between it and my symptoms yet.

Paleo Honey Mustard Chicken
This isn't dinner?
Lunch: Honey Mustard Chicken, Carrot & Broccoli
(Recipe from The Piglet & The Cheesecake here)

If you read my blog for Tuesday (here) I cooked up two lots of chicken, one honey mustard and one spice rubbed.  This means that I don't have to make something from scratch every meal.  Today was really easy, I just steamed some veggies, heated the chicken and done!

the paleo place
The Paleo Place - Sweet Potato Brownie - $5.00
Afternoon Snack: The Paleo Place - Sweet Potato Brownie 

Yesterday I visited The Paleo Place (post here) and while I was there I made sure I took one of these Brownies home with me! I was going to have it for desert last night but I was way too full!  


Paleo Sweet Potato Brownie
The Paleo Place - Sweet Potato Brownie - $5.00
It was delicious!  The texture was so soft!  It wasn't too sweet either, just lovely.  I definitely recommend them and I'd love to try making them myself!

Paleo dinners
Mmm Rubbed Chicken ;) 
Dinner: Spice Rubbed Chicken (Recipe here) with Stir-Fry Veggies & Honey Balsamic Sauce

Dinner was definitely a last minute throw together!  I just sliced up some onion, carrot, capsicum, broccoli and fried it up in a pan.  Sliced up some of the left over spice rubbed chicken, heated that through and added some honey and balsamic vinegar.  

Glasses of water: 8

polar heart rate monitor
Polar - FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
Exercise: Dancing

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get outdoors today as it was raining.  So I decided to make the most of my energy today.  You know when you've been sick, then you feel "normal" again, you feel like you have enough energy to conquer the world? That was me today, I felt like Superwoman on crack! 


Pamper day
Oooo shiny!
I decided to reward my efforts (and I was really sweaty and stinky!) with relaxing bath. Bubble bath + candles + chilled out tunes = relaxed Mel :)
If only Paleo allowed red wine ;)

I'm thinking I should make this a weekly thing (not the wine!) and maybe every Sunday I should have a pamper evening.  I think it's important to relax and take some time out for yourself.


Week 51
Day 2 - Thursday
8/01/2015
breakfast smoothie
Mmm Cacao and Mint

Breakfast: Cacao Mint Smoothie

Taking inspiration from the Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie I had Tuesday, I decided to whip this up today (I couldn't be bothered looking up a recipe).  It was frozen berries, banana, almond milk, almond butter, cacao and fresh mint.  It was okay but I think I'll have to play around with it a bit more. 

paleo coffee
Coffee with Almond Milk

paleo zucchini slice
OMG deliciousness!
Lunch: Paleo Zucchini Slice (Recipe from Paleo Lifestyle here)
Salad with Balsamic Vinegar

This recipe was really simple, easy and I wasn't expecting it to be so tasty!  It didn't taste like an altered version, it was just delicious.  I'll be making this one again! Yum!

Afternoon Snack: Banana with Almond Butter

Paleo dinners
Salsa Chicken Spicy!

Dinner: Salsa Chicken with Avocado

I really wasn't sure what to make for dinner tonight at all.  I knew that I had some honey mustard chicken left over from yesterday but I wasn't sure what to have with it. It's challenging so many meals are based around bread, pasta, rice etc.  I decided just to fry up some onions, tomato, add the left over chicken and add a Leggos garlic tomato pizza sauce, salt, pepper and cayenne.  It was so yummy and quick! Definitely going to make this again!  Great for leftover chicken. 

Glasses of water: 6

Week 51
Day 3 - Friday
9/01/2015


paleo breakfast
Good morniong easy breakfast!

Breakfast: Paleo Zucchini Slice (Recipe from Paleo Lifestyle here) 
with Avocado

It's great to have your breakfast ready for you, especially on mornings you need to get out the door quick! 

coffee
Coffee with full cream milk - I wasn't going without coffee ;)
paleo lunch out
Supermarket lunch
Lunch: BBQ Roast Chicken Salad

I was out today with no lunch prepared.  It's hard to find something for a quick Paleo lunch in a supermarket!  I decided to get a BBQ Roast Chicken and have it with a garden salad, avocado and red onion.  I'm sure that chicken isn't the healthiest but I'm sure I could have done much worse, trust me!

paleo dinner ideas
Zucchini Ninja Slice ;)
Dinner: Paleo Zucchini Slice (Recipe from Paleo Lifestyle here) sneakily trying to be disguised by being stuffed with salad and pumpkin mash... did I get away with it? ;)

I know, I had it for breakfast this morning but I was out and about for most of the day.  I also got really unwell in the afternoon and I almost didn't make dinner at all.  But I knew that if I didn't I would feel even worse.  So I decided just to steam up some pumpkin and have it with salad like a sandwich.  It was tasty :)
  
Glasses of water: 8

Week 51
Day 4 - Saturday
10/01/2014

banana kale smoothie paleo
Drink me!
Breakfast: Banana Kale Smoothie

I had some kale that I needed to use up so I decided on this smoothie for breakfast.  It was one banana, 2 cups of kale and a 1/2 cup coconut milk.  I was expecting it to be pretty gross because of the amount of kale but it was actually pretty sweet due to the banana and coconut milk.

Lunch: Nothing

I share my daily eats on this blog to keep me on track and hopefully help you out too.  But I DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT recommend that ANYONE eats the way I did today.  I want to make it clear that I was really unwell today.  Pretty much like I did last Monday. I'm not skipping meals intentionally or to lose weight quickly, I'm trying to do this the healthiest way I can.  Some days I'm am so sick and nauseous that I can't stomach food.  If I force myself to eat on these days it..er...doesn't end well.

Unfortunately, I was sick all day!  It wasn't until about 6pm that I actually felt a little hungry and like I could stomach food.  Anti-nausea tablets don't seem to work for me either :(

lusty leftovers
Thank goodness for leftovers!
Dinner: Savoury Mince (Recipe here) & Eggs

This is not really my first choice for dinner after a day of not eating, but it was the only prepared meal that I had.  I had some of the left over savoury mince in the freezer and lucky I did because I really didn't feel well enough to prepare a full dinner.  I decided to cook two eggs up with it just to make it a bit more interesting and add some extra protein.

Glasses of water: 8

3 comments:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having Problems FOLLOWING with the Paleo Diet?

    Want to munch on some tasty recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

    Get your amazing Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Super Simple Morning Habit
    "Accidentally" Melted 84 LBS Of Fat
    http://bit.ly/2QJEXSg

    ReplyDelete