Wednesday 7 January 2015

Savoury Mince 3 Ways - Weight Loss Journey Week 50 - Day 4 - 6

Week 50
Day 4 - Saturday
3/01/2015
paleo breakfast
What about a bacon and egg shake? 
Breakfast: Bacon & Eggs

I feel like every morning I've been having a shake for breakfast because they are just so quick and tasty.  That can't be too exciting for you to read about though!  I decided not to be lazy this morning and have some eggs and bakey.

paleo lunch ideas
Mmm steak
Lunch: Steak Salad

Finally did some grocery shopping...can you tell? This salad consisted of baby spinach, tomato, avocado (seasoned with salt & pepper), cooked onion, capsicum and sliced seasoned steak.  It was really delicious and I don't even think it needed salad dressing.  This salad made me realise just how much I like avocado now.  Yes, you read that right.  I've only just now starting to really enjoy avocado, I hated it for years.  Having said that though, I still think it's better with a bit of salt and pepper, otherwise I find it too bland. 

paleo snacks


I had some grapes with lunch today as I didn't have my usual serve of fruit for breakfast today.

Afternoon Snack: Banana

paleo dinner ideas
Stuffed Capsicum, Sweet Potato Chips & Guacamole
Dinner: Savoury Mince (Recipe here) Stuffed Capsicum (Recipe here)
Sweet Potato Chips & Guacamole (Recipe here)

I'm the only one on Paleo, so I'm cooking for one.  I will try to cook up a big batch of meat and use that in other meals for the next few days.  It's mostly because I'm just lazy! :)  I cooked up a big batch of savoury mince (recipe link above) packed with loads of veggies.  I feel like I eat too much meat sometimes, so I rounded it out with veggies.  

I decided to try some sweet potato chips tonight, they were delicious but I should have cooked them a little longer.  I was too hungry and impatient! :(  I coated thin slices of sweet potato in olive oil and seasoned them with garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.  They had a really lovely flavour. 

Glasses of water: 6


Week 50
Day 5 - Sunday
4/01/2015
paleo pancakes
Choc Banana Pancakes
Breakfast: Choc Banana Pancakes (Recipe here) with Pan-fried Pear, Honey, Walnuts and Coconut

Sunday mornings are for pancakes.  I decided to add a tablespoon of cacao to the mixture for something different.  I think I prefer the regular banana pancakes as they are sweeter. I topped it with some pear slices that I coated in cinnamon and then pan-fried.

paleo lunch recipes
You will not win friends with this...
Lunch: Salad

Just a basic salad today: baby spinach, tomato, cucumber, carrot, red onion, egg and a mustard/honey dressing.  I usually prefer to have some meat or something else to bulk it up.


paleo shepherd's pie
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
Dinner: Shepherd's Pie

Having left over savoury mince from last night, I decided to make Shepherd's Pie tonight with sweet potato (recipe here).  This one is really easy to make and it's very filling.  I really needed a hearty meal after having such a light salad for lunch.


Glasses of water: 6

Week 50
Day 6 - Monday
5/01/2015
paleo smoothie
Berry Banana Smoothie
Breakfast: Berry Banana Smoothie

This is my go to smoothie when I can't think what to have for breakfast.  It's one frozen banana, a cup of frozen mixed berries, a cup of almond milk and I usually throw in some kale (stalk removed) or baby spinach. 

paleo lunch ideas
Failure never tasted so good! :)

Lunch: Savoury Mince (Recipe here) with Avocado Pancakes & Pan-fried Tomato

Lunch was a little bit of a failure today but still totally delicious.  I was planning on making two larger avocado pancakes and making this into a burger but the mixture fell apart on me, so I ended up making mini ones.  The avocado pancakes consist of an avocado, two eggs and seasoning but I think I will have to play around with this recipe a bit.  They pair really well with the savoury mince.
  
Dinner: Nothing! :(

 In the late afternoon I started to feel really unwell.  I got really exhausted and it felt like my body just shut down on me.  It felt like lead and it hurt to move.  All I could do was lie down and wait for it to pass, unfortunately it continued pretty much all night.  These symptoms were very similar to when I ended up in hospital a few months ago, so I'm hoping they don't continue.  It's so confusing as it comes out of the blue, on and off and no one can tell me for definite what is happening to me.  I'm determined to get to the bottom of it, however long it takes.

Glasses of water: 6




1 comment:

  1. This Super Simple Morning Habit
    "Accidentally" Melted 84 LBS Of Fat
    http://bit.ly/2QJEXSg

    ReplyDelete