Wednesday 7 January 2015

Eating Out - Weight Loss Journey Week 50 - Day 7

Week 50
Day 7 - Tuesday
6/01/2015
Eating Out ;)
Paleo breakfast ideas
I think Pan-fried Tomato has become a thing with me lately...
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Avocado and Pan-fried Tomato

Keeping it pretty simple today as I needed a quick breakfast to start the day.  This was three eggs, three tablespoons of water and seasoning. 

The Paleo Place - Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie - $8.00
Lunch: The Paleo Place
Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
(Banana, almond butter, cacao powder, mint, vanilla extract)
Paleo Chicken Burger
(Chicken thigh, tomato, lettuce, avocado, bacon, relish on Paleo bun with sweet potato fries and mayonnaise)

 I'd heard of a new Paleo cafe that had opened on the Sunshine Coast, called The Paleo Place (website here), so I decided I'd check it out for lunch today.  For anyone who has eliminated things from their diet like dairy, grains etc. you know how challenging it can be dining out.  It was so lovely just to walk in, sit down and know that you can have anything on the menu without alterations or having to look at every single ingredient. 

One of my favourite combinations is chocolate and mint.  Mint choc-chip ice cream is was my favourite and it's probably been a few years since I've had that!  So there was no way that I wasn't trying this smoothie!  The consistency was great, lovely and thick and icy, which I appreciated on a hot day.  I also appreciated the ingredients and the use of fresh mint.  However, I wasn't a fan of this smoothie.  To me, it just tasted watery and all I really could taste was the mint.  For a smoothie with "chocolate chip" in the name, I was expecting more of a chocolate hit.

The Paleo Place - Chicken Burger - $15.00
I was really excited to try this one!  For those on Paleo or grain free, you can appreciate how it's almost impossible to find a burger!  The sweet potato fries were delicious, I believe that they were cooked in coconut oil as I could taste a hint of coconut too.  The mayonnaise was actually pretty good, I think that there may have been some apple cider vinegar in there. 

The burger was delicious!  The bun was really tasty, I assume it was made from almond flour.  The consistency and flavour were lovely.  You can't go wrong with chicken, bacon, avocado and there was a very tasty relish on there too. 

The Paleo Place - Chicken Burger
The only negative I have with this burger is that it had no bottom!  I cut the burger in half for easy eating only to find lettuce at the bottom and nothing else.  I think that a burger should have a top and a base, otherwise I don't know if I would call it a burger.  Surely I'm not the only one who was expecting this?  It wasn't that they forgot mine either as the person I was with had the same thing and I saw other customers orders come out the same.

Burgers can be messy to eat at the best of times but this definitely makes for messy eating.  They do provide a knife and fork with the burger, so I'm guessing that is how you're intended to eat it.  But when you have to eat it with a knife and fork, I think you miss out on all the layers combined.  I guess I'm old school and I think that a burger should be consumed with two hands, even in a cafe.  

What do you think?

paleo dinner recipe
Mmm spicy!

Dinner: Spice Rubbed Chicken (Recipe here) & Salad 

I wanted to try something a little different tonight.  I had some chicken breast but I didn't want to have it just plain and I wanted something really tasty, that was still healthy and Paleo friendly.   It turned out really well and was delicious!

paleo meal prep
Paleo preppin'
As I've said before, I like to prepare meals in advance and cook all the meat at once.  Paleo can be a lot of work, especially when you usually have the convenience that is Lite n' Easy!  I decided instead of making them all the same flavour, I would make half honey mustard and half with a spice mix I threw together.  This way, even though I would be eating chicken for the next few days, it wouldn't seem so boring.

Glasses of water: 6

2 comments:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Super Simple Morning Habit
    "Accidentally" Melted 84 LBS Of Fat
    http://bit.ly/2QJEXSg

    ReplyDelete