Wednesday 16 April 2014

iHerb Food Haul - The Peanut Butter Obsession

iHerb Food Haul 
The Peanut Butter Obsession


We're all aware of my Peanut Butter obsession and there is no point hiding it, I decided to healthily embrace it through iHerb.  

iHerb is one of my favourite online stores, why?  They sell a whole range of products from nutritional supplements,  healthy foods to natural beauty products.  The prices are US retail recommended and they have express shipping at very reasonable prices, in fact my order of 3 kg came to a grand total of $8.00 and arrived in 6 days!



I've seen the likes of Peanut Butter & Co slathered across my Instagram feed and I couldn't resist trying them.  Peanut Butter is like my crack weakness I guess, so mixing it with flavours like Cinnamon Raisin and Dark Chocolate, there was no way this wasn't happening.  I don't believe they sell this in Australia.


Both have pretty good ingredients. 


I only purchased the Dark Chocolate Dreams and Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, but there is also White Chocolate Wonderful, Mighty Maple and The Bee's Knees, so I did show some restraint ;)  I'm sure another order is in my future.


I had seen Missglamorazzi (on YouTube here) rave about Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups that she had purchased at Whole Foods in the US.  Thinking that I would love to try them but probably never get my hands on them and then I saw them on iHerb and there was no way there were not making their way into my cart.


They have pretty great ingredients and are only 80 calories.  I tried one the same day that I got them, how could I not?  I'm not a huge fan of Dark Chocolate but I did enjoy these, I think I'm going to love the Milk Chocolate ones though.  I thought they would be a great little treat every now and then and especially with Easter around the corner. 

If you would like to place an order with iHerb I have a discount code that entitles first buyers to $10 off purchases over $40 and $5 off for orders under $40.  My code is RJB173 which can be entered at checkout.   Once you have completed your first purchase, you will be given your own discount code to pass on. 

That's all for the food side of the order, I did purchase some beauty items as well, if you're interested please read on.



I've tried the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask and liked that, so I thought I would give these two a try.  They are really reasonable prices at $3.74 each for 170 grams. 


I've heard Emilynoel83 (on YouTube here) talk about this and recommends it for when your makeup gets dry or cakey under the eyes throughout the day, so I thought I'd give it a try. 


This is my favourite toner and I always buy this from iHerb.  Last time they had sold out so I tried the Cucumber and Lavender one but they just aren't the same.  I love the smell of the Rose Petal one.  I put it in a spray bottle in the fridge for a refresher during summer. 


I love the Real Techniques brushes I own and I have heard great things about this sponge.  I haven't tried the Beauty Blender, this one is supposed to be comparable, but I just can't bring myself to pay over $20 for a makeup sponge that has to be replaced every few months. 


I have some Eco Tools brushes that I like using and the Skin Prepping Brush is meant to be good for applying BB creams which I do frequently use. 


I  saw this while browsing through iHerb and it had pretty good reviews so I thought I would give it a try, especially now that winter is just around the corner. 



iHerb always have offers or specials for a low price, these were 50 cents.  I usually get the Sierra Bees lip balms but I have way too many, so I decided on these. 

1 comment:

  1. Ice Cream Cookies
    CarbsPerServing:20 TOTAL over estimated for sweetner choice
    Prep Time:5 mins 1 hour to freeze Effort:Easy
    Ingredients:
    1 cup heavy cream 3 drops Stevia or 3 splenda packets
    2 tbsp Natural Peanutbutter 4 oz Softened Cream Cheese
    1 tbsp Atkins Choc Syrup (optional)

    How to Prepare:
    Whip cream & Sweetner with a hand beater until its like coolwhip
    texture. Add all the other ingredients and beat until well mixed..
    taste for sweetness adjust if you want.

    Using a spoon put big globs on a non stick cookie sheet or in an ice
    cube tray and freeze until firm pry them off cookie sheet and store
    frozen in a plastic bag.
    They are pretty hard to get out of an ice tray i have to use a knife
    to get em out..lol but they come off the cookie sheets real
    easy..and taste like peanut butter cup ice cream! makes 20ish cookies

    Im sure this would work with other flavors as well I know some folks
    have problems with Peanut butter
    Appitizers and Snacks

    ReplyDelete